Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Earworms - tag you're it.

I hadn't realized it has been a week since I last posted. Time sure does fly. I have been busy (not) watching movies and more movies and some documentaries.

Some cable channels have been showing old award winning movies in homage to the big award ceremony coming up and I have recorded as many as I can and have been watching them all. I have also seen some documentaries on PBS that have been outstanding.

Why have I had so much time to watch all this well its because hubby is away and therefore I get to play with the TV remote. We share some viewing taste but then his veers off in the sports direction and mine doesn't.

Because of this I saw a documentary about Sam Cooke and for days now I have been humming and singing his songs. You know the lines: CUUU PID drAW bAAck your bOW oo straight to my lovers heart FOR MEeeee. and his other classic: Darlin' youuuuuu send me,I know youuuuu send me, honest you do, truly you do.

So, close your eyes (after you read this) and imagine being in an elevator with 6 strangers. They are all women of assorted ages. One is on the phone, one searching for keys in her bag, another sipping a bottle of water and the others just waiting for the doors to open. I was in the back flipping through a magazine and all of a sudden I hear some of these women sing: 'at first I thought it was infatuation but ooo, it's lasted so loOOng. Now I find myself wanting to marry you and take you home' I smiled and we all sang "Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, Youuuuuu send me...." and laughed! How funny is that? Have you ever passed along an earworm? As we got off the elevator laughing the youngest of the bunch asked what that was and another lady told her Sam Cooke, sweetie. Google him. Download him. It is good stuff.

No comments: