Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Holidays are coming!

You think I'm talking about Halloween. No, I'm actually talking about Christmas. Stop rolling your eyes at me. Do you realize that there are only 74 days until Christmas? I'm not ignoring Thanksgiving. It's actually my favorite but it takes less pre-planning.

Now, let's do the math.
74 days (or 1776 hours) I will be out of town for 9 days, that leaves 65 days (1560 hours). There's Thanksgiving and it's week of cooking, that leaves 60 (1440) . I work full time so 8 hours a day for 47 work days equals 15.6 days, leaving 44.4 days (1064). I have to sleep some, let's say 6 hours for 60 days is 360 hours which leaves us with 29.4 days (704). Then consider that I have a life and need to cook, eat, clean, drive to places etc. so take off three hours a day for that which is a total of 180 hours. So, now we are down to 21.9 days (524). Let's throw in 1 holiday party for a total of drive and party time of 6 hours. That brings us to a final tally of 21.65 days (518 hours). That is not a lot of time people to get everything done.

Have you started getting ready? Did you make your list of naughty and nice? Have you done any gift researching? planning? I can answer yes to all of that and so, I feel for once I have a handle on things.

I have made my lists. I already made my Creme de Vie. I have started researching a gift I want to give. I even already have 2 gifts already and am going to buy a few stocking stuffers this weekend because I have a coupon that expires at the end of October. I am now considering my holiday card design and hope to start gathering supplies this weekend.

So, get to it the Holidays are coming!

No comments: