Saturday, January 17, 2009

Comfort and Joy

Through the entire holiday season I hummed bits of of the song God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. I'm not even sure if that's the name but you know the song that I mean. The other song I was humming a lot was Joy to the World, I don't know why these 2 particular song but those were the songs that got stuck in my head this season and I still find myself humming them. On top of the humming I have been finding myself asking myself - will it bring comfort or joy- before or even while I am doing something. It's making me think twice about a few things. The answer is also driving some of my actions.

It doesn't necessarily have to bring me comfort & joy. I truly enjoy making other people happy; that honestly brings me joy. I know that sounds corny and I'm not trying to be PC or anything. But its what I like to do. I don't like things and people to be stressed. I like easy feeling, relax about it, enjoy and be happy stuff.

I can relate to anything. Family, friends, work, hobbies. All of it. So I think that's going to be the focus this year. Comfort & Joy. I haven't made a hard and fast resolution this year but I have been thinking the year may end up being focused on Comfort & Joy. Of course, patience is the theme of my life. I always need patience.

I'll keep you posted on things I do that bring me and/or others Comfort & Joy.

2 comments:

Hilda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hilda said...

Well my friend you certainly bring me comfort and joy!

Thanks for that!