Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Top of the morning to you, and the rest of the day to yourself!

There is absolutely nothing Irish about me. I'm sure we'd have to go back to the beginning of time to trace any roots even remotely near Ireland. Yet, somehow, today everyone has a little bit of the luck 'o the Irish in them, don't they? I remember in grade school going around pinching people if they didn't wear green. My kids both had the same Irish teacher for 2nd grade and she taught them (read: us) this Irish blessing which still makes me smile and think of her.
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
May the rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
I am making Irish Soda Bread this evening to go with my Carne con Papas because well, we live in Miami and that how we roll. Cubans did not melt in that great 'ole melting pot of the USA, we prefer a kaleidoscope, always able to show our colors. Today just has a bit 'o green in it, just for fun. Enjoy your day! Here's one I remember from my childhood.
May good luck be your friend
IN whatever you do.
And may trouble be always
A stranger to you.

No comments: