Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Christmas Shopping

I know, I know. We barely finished with Halloween. But the first breeze of cool air (that was last week) I get here in Miami makes me think Christmas. What do I miss the most living here in Miami- the seasons! Did you know that there are 4 of them? Did you know that they last for months at a time? I find it sooooooo hard to shop for Christmas in sweltering heat. Bah Humbug!

I already made my husband sit down with me and agree on a Christmas list, just names of people we need to give to. I am trying to avoid the Why are you getting that? Who is that for? That inevitably comes as the packages start coming through the door, getting wrapped and placed under the tree. I'll let you know how it works.

Actually, this is the first time I have started so early. I already have some gifts wrapped. YEAH for me! My kids are older now. So, I don't have to hide the stuff but I figure if I wrap it they won't be tempted to look and see what it is. I've ordered things from some catalogs and am awaiting their arrival. Other things I am still researching. I have lots of ideas, another typical problem of mine, feast or famine. I either have tons of ideas for a person or none. This weekend I hope to finish with the kids in the family; the nephews and younger cousins. Then I will have plenty of time to obsess about the adults and my kids. But I will feel relieved that the little kids are done. After all they are the most important ones. With any luck I'll be finished Thanksgiving Friday!

The best laid plans..... we'll see what happens.

No comments: