Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Books, books, books

So many books, so little time...

Let's start the month with what I'm reading, what I read and wanna read.

At the moment I am reading: My Life by Bill Clinton because I don't read many biographies- something I want to change and I own this one (I even met him at a book signing), Slaughter-house five by Kurt Vonnegut because my son is reading it in high school and I never did and figure I should, my Bookmarks magazine that just came in and always drives me insane because it adds a gajillion more books to my want to read list, and finally the Best American Short Stories-1997.

Recent reads: Forever by Judy Blume, I read it in Jr. high but had forgotten and it's on the Banned Books List- I enjoyed it all over again,The Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving, FABULOUS!

Next up on the pile of books to read: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.

We'll see if I get through them all, the goal is the end of the year. So, then I can read the books that hopefully Santa brings me :)

1 comment:

Hilda said...

You'll like Clinton's autobiography, very chatty. Although I must confess I didn't finish it - I just drifted away from it for some reason, but I'll finish it soon. Actually I preferred Hillary's autobiography. IMO much better writing, tighter, less prone to ramble - perhaps their books reflect their personalities. :)

I've never read "Slaughterhouse Five" but I did read "Forever" "A Prayer for Owen Meany" and "Water for Elephants" - liked them all.

I'm still grappling with "Mrs. Dalloway" and enjoying Linda Ellerbee's "Big Bites".