Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Taking off!

I haven't been blogging because it's been a little busy. As you know I have been packing, organizing life here for the child I am leaving behind and making sure everything is ready for him while we are gone. Of course, TS Fay had to try and cause some chaos and skewed 16s first days of school and so we haven't bought him the supplies he needs and that will butt right up with all of the other last minute things but WHATEVER!
Tomorrow is it. We are getting on the plane to take 18 to college! Whatever is not packed or hasn't been bought I have informed my family that he is not going to Timbuktu only upstate NY, it can be bought there.
I am looking forward to the trip. I hope that the campus is open enough for me to walk around and see things. His classes don't start until after Labor Day. The only people reporting now are athletes for their various workout camps.
18 has spent the past few days saying good bye to people. You would think that he is going off into the wild blue yonder never to be seen again! He's enjoying himself. It's all good. Don't know if I'll have time to write while I'm gone. We'll see.
I'm leaving on a jet plane.....

No comments: