Monday, May 04, 2009

Movie Review

This weekend our Netflix movie was There Will Be Blood. Let me start by saying that Daniel Day Lewis' portrayal of the turn of the century self-made oil man was tremendous. That's about the only nice thing I can say about the movie. It was terrible. It was 2 hours and 38 minutes that I could have spent doing something productive like sleeping or cleaning behind my refrigerator.

Let me try to elaborate. I hated the ending. The acting was good. The look and feel of the movie was good. I mean visually and not just the country scenery but even at the beginning when he is in the well digging and climbing in and out. I don't know how many minutes go by with not a word spoken just the sights and sounds of his daily work. Excellent, they've hooked me but honestly, I felt the story was lacking. It didn't flow. It was too disjointed for me. Not enough information was given. I actually turned to hubby twice and said I was confused and asked him a question and he would just answer I don't know making me frustrated with the film. I what I knew had to be towards the end there's a major scene and I am expecting more out of it as the camera starts to pan away and I exclaim - it CANNOT end like this!- right as the screen goes black. OMG! I totally hated the ending! Totally!
Don't spend any money on this, it will be on cable soon enough.
Next in the queue is: Quantum of Solace, the newest James Bond movie. What can I do? I have boys.

No comments: