Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's time.

16 and I had our first evening alone. I know we weren't alone we were together but you know what I mean. No hubby. He's never been on a business trip. I have. I have never been at home on my own for any extended period of time until now. I'm thinking it's about time. I did live by myself before we were married but that was a lifetime ago.


16 specifically asked me NOT to wake him in the morning. He says he looses approx. 3 or 4 minutes of sleep every morning because hubby wakes him up on the way to the kitchen. I agreed to let him get up on his own if he let me get up on my own. Cool deal.


I showered in the evening and so I was going to be able to sleep a little longer in the morning. I set my alarms for 6:15 and 6:30am. All's good. I easily went to sleep as usual around midnight and slept like a baby until... I dunno what time it was but it wasn't 6:15 yet!

This morning hubby's horridly loud alarm went off. I don't know what time it was because I don't sleep with my glasses on and couldn't see the clock. ARGHHH! I forgot to turn of hubby's alarm clock and it rang earlier than I needed, I smacked it on the top. Quiet, good, sleep. And it rang again. Oh, for the love of down pillows!, I banged it again. Quiet, good, deep breathe, try to sleep, and it rang again! Apparently, banging it on the top merely activates the snooze setting and it kept ringing every 9 minutes until I finally pulled the plug out of the wall. Ahhh, now I could sleep again. NOT! It was now actually time for me to get up because MY alarm now rang. Fine! Whatever! I was getting a headache anyway from all the alarms ringing.

No comments: