Friday, September 14, 2007

Computers

I don't consider myself very computer literate. I mean I'm past the Dr. Seuss level but not up to the great american novel level. I think I got stuck somewhere in the Nancy Drew phase and haven't been able to figure out the mystery, just to continue with the metaphor.

Anyway, we have a desktop at home. It's seen better days but its perfectly good. We also have 2 laptops. 17's is 2 years old and already got I guess a virus or a worm or whatever because the internet shuts down when it wants and other funky things. 14 just got his, its less than a month old. I have a router connected so that the boys can roam the house and have a wireless connection. I have had lots of help from friends along the way and still do every time I get something new. It's just so confusing to me. The RAM, the Gigs, the names of all the processors, yadda yadda. Then how to protect it all from the virus' and worms and I don't know what else. It's just all soooo confusing.
I'm just venting here because last night the desktop was working in super slo mo and I presume because I haven't run a scan in I don't' know when and it needs updates and it all just takes so long to do and I really don't want to sit there and do it but I guess I have to add it to my list of things to do for this weekend.
So, this was probably the most boring post in the world because its just me kvetching. That's for your patience and wish me luck.

No comments: