Friday, December 07, 2007

We ALL have to share this world...

Today at a famous brand coffee shop where they ask your name as they take your convoluted order I didn't actually give mine as the girl knows it. I go there often. I work in the building. So, I'm chatting with another regular as we wait for our coffee creations and they call out my name and order. Another woman starts to take it. I politely say, Excuse me I believe you are taking my coffee and I smiled at her. Armed with an attitude that no one should have at 7am, said WELL, She said MY name, so I took it! as she glared at me daring to take it from her. Mind you I heard her give her order as she was right behind me. She ordered a half-caf, non-fat latte. I ordered an Egg nog latte with an extra shot. I took a deep breath, smiled and said that's ok you can have mine. I'll wait. I turned to the barista and asked her if she could duplicate the drink for me. She laughed and said sure thing. The woman didn't try her drink, she proceeded to add 2 sugars at the condiments bar as it looked like she was talking to herself but it was really on the phone she had one of the bluetooth thingys in her ear and was relating the story to a person on the phone that some woman tried to steal her coffee. When she left the store EVERYone at the pick-up area laughed and we all just wished we could see her face when she takes that first sip!
'Tis the season...

No comments: