Monday, February 04, 2008

The can't keep up so Dots it is...

Clearly, I am irregular in my blogging and so you get dots again to try and cover a few things all at once.


* My first food co-op was a sucess. It's all organic not necessarily locally grown but obtained through a local organic farmer. Anyway, I had star fruit which was delish! I had never had it before. It was YUMmy! 18 liked it too. I got: lettuce, apples, pears, bananas, carrots, potatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, tomatoes, and something else who's name I forgot but I didn't like it. I will find out again and blog about it later. Everything has been yummy except for that one fruit.


* 15 hit the streets this weekend. I have been taking him to the local community college to practice driving in their ample parking lots on the weekends. Well, this weekend he drove on "real streets" for the first time. We both survived. All I can say is I'm glad I don't have anymore kids, twice has been more than enough for me to teach someone to drive. Swallowing my nerves and not letting him see my nails gouging into my thighs is exhausting. A couple more weeks with just me and he's ready for dad and his brother. Then he will start doing the drving for most family outings to prepare to get his liscense in July. OMG! Hands down the hardest thing to do as a parent is hand them the keys. All control is gone then. Talk about severing the umbilical card!


* What did I see; I saw Jarhead and Fantastic Four. Both were what I expected. I don't know if I mentioned before but I found out that a childhood friend became an actor. My kids know of him. His Hollywood name is Laz Alonso. He has a supporting role in Jarhead and it's a big one. It was cool to see him and remember him as a little kid.


* I made chili for the superbowl. We went to some friends house and a bunch of us watched it together. Let's define together.... the diehard/true football fans watched in one room on a 60" screen TV, in the livivng room all our kids who were semi-interested in the game/commericals but mostly in hanging with their friends watched, and in yet another room, the wives who talked over the game and watched the commercials watched.


* My GMs ALF has called because she doesn't want to take her heart meds. She insists that she has no heart *issues*, wasn't operated and doesn't have a pacemaker. God grant me the serenity....


* Today is Monday! Best thing about Mondays....the cleaning lady is at my house. I will get home to that just cleaned smell! Love it!

1 comment:

Hilda said...

You wrote:
"All I can say is I'm glad I don't have anymore kids, twice has been more than enough for me to teach someone to drive."

What? Does that mean you aren't gonna teach me how to drive?