Thursday, March 29, 2007

Less than a week

It feels like I haven't blogged in forever but it was only last Friday. So, what been going on? This...

17 is all full of himself because he came in first place in the open 400 at his track meet last Saturday and his name was in the paper. Naturally, we now have 4 copies to keep for posterity. Hubby and 14 followed Tiger Woods for 2 days at a Golf Tournament. That was hubby's bday present (the tickets). His birthday was Monday. We did not celebrate in any traditional way. He doesn't like celebrating birthdays. He's got a big hang up about getting old. I really don't like the care that GM is getting at the nursing center she's at but hopefully it won't be for long. Apparently, she can already stand up with the walker under her own power. WOOHOO! MIL had her biopsy yesterday. We hope to have the results by tomorrow. She felt pretty beat up yesterday. There were some minor complications but it was all controlled and seems to have gone well. She's home with her hubby taking care of her for a couple of days.

Tomorrow we take off for Winter Park. No it's not a vacation. It's a trek after your kids because the track meet is there and well that's what you do. Drive 3 hours, to stay in a motel with too many teens, to sit all day in the heat and sun of Florida to watch your son run the last event of the meet and drive back 3 hours. I hope he does well and I hope the school wins the meet. Originally, 14 wanted to go because he's just a sports fan of every type but now he found out that the party of the year is on Friday and you know how it is at that age. If you miss THE party then you will have no hope of living a fruitful life. So, I'm making arrangements and coordinating for him to stay with friends who also have a son who will most likely be going to this must attend party.

I'm in a cooking rut. I'm so tired of making the same thing all the time. The people I feed are very picky! I'm getting to the point where I want to just throw them a bag of chips and make whatever I want for me! I will probably take a cookbook(s) with me to read over on the drive and come up with a few new menus. I did buy zucchini this week with the intention of making zucchini muffins.

No comments: