Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Book Meme

Ok, so sue me; I stole this from fellow bloggers! Now, I'm not great with names and I'm not going to look anything up to verify it so, here goes...
If you choose to do (read: steal) the meme too, tell me in the comments so I can check out your answers on your blog.

A book that made you cry: "Bridges of Madison County" by ?? (the movie was horrible vs. the book)
A book that scared you: I don't read scary books...
A book that made you laugh: "Holidays on Ice" by David Sedaris

A book that disgusted you: ??? I guess I've blocked them out.
A book you loved in elementary school: "Charlotte's Web" by E.B. White
A book you loved in junior high: Jane Eyre by Bronte
A book you loved in high school: "Rebecca" by Daphne Du Maurier
A book you hated in high school: "Moby Dick"
A book you loved in college: Didn't go to college but in this time frame I was reading trashy romance! and not so trashy Mary Stewart historical romances. Perfect for a single girl, living on her own, looking for love! ;)
A book that challenged your identity: "Dance of the Dissident Daughter" by Sue Monk Kidd

A series that you love: Now, Harry Potter; then "Little House"
Your favorite horror book: Frankenstein by Mary Shelly (I think)

Your favorite science fiction book: "Fahrenheit 451" by Bradbury
Your favorite fantasy book: Harry Potter series
Your favorite mystery book: "The DaVinci Code" by Brown
Your favorite graphic novel: Don't think I've read any, if I did they made no impression
Your favorite biography: Haven't read many as an adult but I enjoyed "ME" by Katherine Hepburn with I just finished
Your favorite "coming-of-age" book: "Are you there God, It's Me Margaret" by Judy Blume

Your favorite classic: "Pride and Prejudice"
Your favorite romance book: Then, "Mrs. Mike" by Freedman now, "Pride & Prejudice" the perfect love story! I love Darcy!
Favorite kids book: How kiddy? For little kids I love "Goodnight Moon", then "Charlotte's Web"

Favorite cookbook: I love cookbooks! Don't have a favorite! Lately, referring more to "Comida Criolla" only because I am trying to learn to cook Cuban food.
Your favorite book not on this list:
"The Shadow of the Wind" by CArlos Ruiz Zafon and "The Poisonwood Bible" by Kingsovler


This was hard. I had to think. I could barely remember what books I read in high school. That's sad, I mean it was just the other day. Oh, well. So, many good books out there! Now, I am reading " Bel Canto" by Ann Patchet. So far, so good.

No comments: