Randomness from the weekend...
* Finally saw my dad! Remember that I hadn't seen him since Christmas and he doesn't live that far away to justify it. I invited him over for dinner on Saturday and a couple of other friends I hadn't seen in a while. It was nice. I made Ropa Vieja for the second time- I've got it now. I think a good time was had by all. I certainly enjoyed myself. I love cooking for people!
* Went to an Indonesian restaurant with some girlfriends. YUMMY! I ordered this traditional rice dish. It was a scoop of rice in the middle and assorted scoops around it like a yummy chicken in coconut sauce, egg with curry, shredded beef, green beans and something else. It was all good. Others ordered the duck which I will get next time or maybe I'll get the fish. It was all good!
* Took 14 shopping with hubby. @&%#^*#%&$% He may not be label conscious but he didn't like this because it looked faded, he didn't like that because of the button, he didn't like ANY shirts if they had a stripe; only solid colors for him and only certain shades of certain colors. OMG! WAAAaay too complicated. Don't know how often I will do that.
* I cleaned. My house is presentable. I mean we dusted EVERYTHING and cleared off EVERY surface (ok, except one) That's a rarity. Just don't go into the bedrooms and there won't be any bloodshed.
*GM is back in the hospital. Her PTI levels were super high. This is because she is taking blood thinners and her weekly blood work came back abnormal so they sent her to the hospital and are monitoring her to see that it goes down. Today she is hallucinating again, insisting that some man came and took her out and dumped her in the hallway. She wants me to go see her without driving! When I go she gets furious that I am there and when I'm not there she calls me to say that I have abandoned her. Hopefully, the levels will normalize and she will go home soon.
* I saw the movie Dreamgirls on Friday. I loved it but I love most musicals. I thought Jennifer Hudson was awesome!
* I finished my book, well I won't go into that here because I 'll write a little review later.
* Laundry did enough laundry to last me a lifetime. The loads seemed to never end! Granted when I started the hampers were overflowing. But now every hamper is empty, all the throw rugs were washed, all the towels, all the sheets were done and changed. Everything is washed at least for 24 hours.
It was a very productive weekend.