Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Collegiate things

We have been getting mailings from 18s college all summer. It's been a mish mosh of things from computer info, registering for classes, workout schedule for the football team, sign up for Orientation, the tuition bill (we are NOT discussing that today!) and my favorite item so far has been from the dinning and meal planning department.

They are actually asking for home recipes! Is that cool or what. They want people to send in their kids favorite food items. They will attempt to recreate them to help remind them of home. If your recipe gets used, your child is advised what dinning area will feature it and what day. They will also post credit of the dish for all the students to learn were it came from. At the end of the year they sell a cookbook with a compilation of these recipes.

I thought this was the neatest thing and even better was when my son jumped ALL over it. Telling me to send this in and that in and this in etc. He was all like they could make a whole cookbook out of just your recipes. I thought that was so sweet of him.

So, what am I going to send well: a link to the Cuban cooking blog, along with Flan, jambalaya and brownies for starters. This is my project for next week because first we have to student loan shop to deal with that other thing they sent in the mail that I am NOT discussing today.

1 comment:

Beth said...

That is absolutely the coolest thing! I love it! What a great idea for a college to do!