Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So, I'm freaking out a little

School is about to start. 16 starts in 2 1/2 weeks and there are only 3 weekends left before we take off for NY to take 18 to college. The summer is like over. What happened? Where'd it go? That is so little time to do all that I want to do. How'd that happen? I don't know!
So, I sent 18 to the store today with credit card in hand (yikes!) and a spending limit to get himself a backpack, underwear and some undershirts. He's also cleaning the pool because he wants to use it before he leaves. I figure by the time he has it clean, it will be time to go. I mean the thing is a science experiment waiting to be graded for an A+, it's so green.

Of course part of my freakout is because I have other things scheduled in my life. Tomorrow night I'm going to an Open House of sorts for this place where you make ahead and freeze your meals, Friday I have game night at a girlfriend's house, Saturday I have Cuban cooking lessons at my house which needs to get picked up before the people arrive, and Sunday another girlfriend is coming over to use my sewing machine and 16 will be back from the beach and we'll have loads and loads of laundry to do.

I know that MIL wants to have a big family party to send 18 off, he wants to be out with his friends. Last night they went to the Marlins baseball game and he has plans to go out on a friends boat the Saturday before he leaves. He has an appt to have his wisdom teeth pulled, he got an eye doc appt, 16 has his Driver's licence appt and we have to go buy his school shoes. PLUS we haven't finished the school loan stuff. That sounds like a lot of stuff in not so much time. OMG! How's it gonna get done? I need to win the lotto, so I don't have to work, so I have all day to do all this stuff! Gimme patience! lots of patience!

No comments: