Sunday, July 06, 2008

Sunday Dinner

It's Sunday and if you show up at my house for dinner 9.99 times out of 10 you will have Sunday Chicken for dinner. There's really nothing fancy about it. It's just baked chicken breast with some veggies and white rice. It turned into Sunday Chicken because since we used to get home so late during the week with all of the kid's activities there was never enough time to make it for a weekday dinner and so we would have it on Sundays.

It is VERY simple. Cut up whatever vegetables you like and are in season. I always put garlic cloves, onions cut in half and then whatever I have carrots, sweet potato, turnips etc. Lay the chicken breasts skin side up on the veggies. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, basil sometimes I switch it up and add red pepper flakes or paprika. I put a half a stick of butter on each chicken breast and bake it at 400 for 1/2 hour. Then I add lemon juice and some white wine or vermouth or whatever cooking wine you use. I pour it them over the chicken breasts and it enough to keep the veggies moist and not cook all out so that I have a sauce. I cook for another 1/2 or until the skin is crispy. I serve it with white rice and salad.
That's our Sunday chicken and it's what I'm serving up today to some friends today for dinner. I hope they like it.

No comments: