Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rice Krispy Treats

15 doesn't eat well, or I should just say that he's a picky eater. The list of what he doesn't eat is longer than the one of what he does eat. I hope he falls in love with a girl who teaches him to eat but I digress.

One of his favorite snacks is Rice Krispy Treats. I have been making it a lot this summer. The recipe is on the side of the box but here it goes.

Melt 3 Tbsp of butter in a pot, melt 1 bag of marshmallows, remove from heat and add 6 cups of rice krispies. Mix thoroughly. Pour and press into a cake pan. Allow to cool and cut them up. Of course, we love to eat one warn and gooey. So, we don't wait for it to cool to dig in.
Obviously, you can make them as thick or thin as you want depending on the pan that you use.
Tip: I save the butter wrapper and use that to press the mixture into the pan. Since it's 'greased' the mix doesn't stick to it and keeps my fingers clean.

This one one of my mom's specialties, cooking was never her forte, so this one takes me back to happy memories.

No comments: