Thursday, August 02, 2007

Birthday MEME

I was also tagged for this meme by the mind wobbles. (how do I so easily loose control of my fonts??? i dunno)

We are supposed to look up our date of birth on Wikipedia and find 3 events, 2 births and 1 holiday that happened on that date.

My birthday is June 14th.


Events:
1777 - Stars and Stripes adopted by Congress as the Flag of the United States.
1900 - Hawaii becomes a United States territory.
1954 - U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs a bill into law that places the words "under God" to the United States' Pledge of Allegiance.

Births:
1946 - Donald Trump, American businessman
1961 - Boy George, British singer (Culture Club)
1909 - Burl Ives, American musician (d. 1995)
1811 - Harriet Beecher Stowe, American author (d. 1896)

Yes, I can count. I realize that's 4 and I'm only supposed to list 3 but I just thought they were interesting names and I never would have pegged these four people to all be Gemini like me, would you?

Holiday:
Since I already knew and if I know then everyone should know that it's Flag Day. I looked for something else.
International Weblogger's Day – Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world

Now, there are other instructions cut, paste a list, delete, add a name yadda yadda but I'm going to be rebellious and not do them. So there! But the meme was fun. Most of you have probably already done it and if you did I probably read it. But if you didn't and ya wanna g'ahead and consider yourself tagged.


No comments: