Monday, November 26, 2007

Something had to blow...

We lost the playoff game Friday night. I saw we because after the game, I was as drained as if I had played. It was so exciting to be playing at that level, in that round, against that team, in that stadium. We got there at 3:30 for 7:30 kick-off. Tailgating was a blast and then it started pouring at halftime. The defense despite the 40-14 score played awesome. The offense just couldn't move the ball. It was so emotional at the end of the game because the coach lines up the seniors across the end zone and the rest of the team forms a line and goes down and says good-bye to each player because its his last game. Well, good thing it was raining so you couldn't tell they were my tears running down my face. We all went out after the game to a local tavern for drinks and wings and celebrating a great season.

Saturday was recuperate from Friday. We didn't go any further than the mailbox all day. WE didn't do much either. I think we may have loaded and started the dishwasher but maybe not. We did muster enough energy to shower and go to a friends house to watch yet more football Sat. night. It was nice to hang with friends and I actually didn't get home until 1am.

Sunday was recoup from Friday. I think I said that already. Can you tell we were all kind of drained. No one got up until noon! That's unheard of at my house but I think we all needed it. We did laundry because well apparently is inappropriate in my neck of the woods to go out in your birthday suit and we were down to that. My dad stopped by to give 18 his birthday present. I did prepare the yearbook page for 18 and have that ready to turn in at school. Other than that hubby and I bickered all day about nothing.

So something had to give, with all the no energy and all and what blew was NaBloPoMo. I didn't blog all weekend. So there you have it. I'm out. Oh, well. Life goes on. 18 is adjusting to being 18 and realizing that nothing has changed. He still lives in my house and has to follow my rules. Being 18 doesn't make him free to do what he wants, when he wants, how he wants. He still trying to wrap his head around the fact that "as long as you have to come to me to ask me for $5 for lunch, then you have to abide by my rules." He'll figure it out, he's a smart boy.

No comments: