Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Final Stretch

Here we go...18's last AP test is today, Graduation Mass is tomorrow night, Graduation on Saturday with a lunch after that, and Sunday a family brunch to celebrate. My emotions and my mind are a jumble. I look at him and think 'Wow, that's MY son. He's a good kid. I did that.' See, I get misty just writing it. I need to take a deep breath. I have been doing that a lot lately.

He's so clueless. He has no idea of all the things I want for him. He has no idea of all the joy he's brought me. He has no idea of the satisfaction and pride I feel. He's so many things. A loving son and grandson, a good-natured brother, a good friend, an excellent student, a proud athlete, a determined person, a bit head-strong, a take charge kinda guy, not much time for foolishness unless of course it's time to fool around, good with little kids, a joker, a good listener, willing to try new things and comforted by tradition.

I have been doing a lot of reminiscing and I want so many good things for him. I simply pray that he will always be safe and happy. Good luck son on all your future endeavors.

1 comment:

Hilda said...

He really is all those things - and he is a product of his family.

Congratulations to all of you!