Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Seeing RED!

Red Pepper Flakes that is. I have discovered Red Pepper Flakes. Discover is the wrong word, they've always been there, I just never really used them.

Since I am cooking more and more veggies now, I gave my lazy susan a spin to look for something new to put on them and make them un-boring. When it stopped the Red Pepper Flakes were staring at me. Hmmm... I tossed in a few dashes and YUM! The jar I had was probably as old as Methuselah, so I bought a fresh jar and have been using it on all my veggies now making new combos every day. Basil and Red Pepper Flakes. Fresh Cilantro and Red Pepper Flakes. Fresh curly parsley and Red Pepper Flakes. A squeeze of lemon and Red Pepper Flakes. You get the idea. Last night I made grilled chicken breasts with garlic, scallions, chunked eggplant, lemon juice and you guessed it Red Pepper Flakes. DELISH! Baby, Where ya been all my life?!

No comments: