Saturday, November 11, 2006

Shaving...

Did you know that boys want to shave their bodies now? Apparently, it's the thing to do; hair is nasty. I'm not talking facial hair. I'm talking legs, arms, chest and yeah, there too.

I know that wrestlers and swimmers shave for I dunno, aerodynamic purposes. Whatever! Now, I hate shaving. I wish I didn't have to shave. To think that the boys, who don't have to, now want to just seems wrong. I mean when you shave, the hair grows back thicker, it itches when it's growing in. Why would they intentionally shave there to have it get all itchy. I just don't get it.

Why am I getting into all of this? Well, because this has been the latest debate at my house with my teenager. I honestly think that he will regret it if he shaves. So far, I'm winning; he's hairy.

And to think, in my day guys would unbutton their shirts to let their chest hair show; that was sexy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm sorry but the idea of these boys shaving their body hair is just icky.

I understand if they're swimmers or even (shudder) body builders, but otherwise - EWW!

Hilda said...

Just so you know - anonymous on the prior message is me. I guess it came up as anonymous because you hadn't gone beta yet.

:)