Tuesday, November 21, 2006

'Tis the season

Remember that busy month I talked about earlier? Well, it's here.

Friday: I had a Pampered Chef Show (I'm a rep., remember?) which we did as a fundraiser and only 6 people showed up but we had a fun time. I got home after 11pm, waited for my kids to get home and settled so I didn't get to bed until after 12.

Saturday: I got picked up at 6:45 to meet the girlfriends for breakfast before going to the Harvest Festival. It wasn't as big as past years and some of the vendors that we were looking for weren't there but no matter I did get some gift shopping done, yeah for me! So, after walking around that for a few hours I left with another girlfriend and went to a open house that was selling pewter items. They had some great pieces. I bought myself a Madonna ornament and a wine bottle stopper with a modern style pewter heart on the top. Also bought a couple more gifts there- yeah! again! Got home in time to see my car get home from having the windows tinted and have lunch with the family. I then made my Thanksgiving cooking and weekly grocery list, went with my son to visit in-laws dropped him at a friend's house and went to Publix. What a bad idea that was. I bought the minimum required and the Thanksgiving stuff. It was horrible! It took me two, that's right 2, hours! Got home and took a shower. Laid on the sofa with my feet up for about half an hour while I coordinated the outings for the evening. After much back and forth, Son1 was staying at a friends house and maybe going to the movies, they gave him a ride home to pick up the car. Son2 was going to the grandparents house of some other friends while a few of us parents went to the movies. We were going to see "Casino Royale" because it was the only one that husbands and wives could agree on. The movie started at 9:20 we got there @9, it was sold out. So tickets were bought for "The Departed" a mob movie with lots of people in it- fine. It didn't start until 10:30 and was 2 1/2 hours long - no lie. Fine, as we have some Starbucks to keep us awake that late I warn my friends that if I fall asleep in the movie it's not because of the company and ask them to please wake me if I snore. Now, there was no fear of falling asleep. We ended up sitting in the 2nd row! and the movie was so loud I can still hear it. Even the previews were loud and all about there aggressive movies, even hubby asked What happened to chick flicks? After the movie and picking up Son2, I didn't get to bed until 2am. Son1 actually got home before us.

Sunday: I got up early (9ish) to make the birthday breakfast of waffles. Got dropped off at the metrorail station to go to the book fair. I had never been to the book fair and was looking forward to it. I lazily wandered around looking at the booths waiting for my friend to get out of the lecture that she was in. We then walked around the international section and had lunch in the Brazilian tent. We went to 2 lectures and did a little more wandering and left a little after 5 I think. I really enjoyed it and I bought 2 more gifts- yeah, yeah! I got fixed dinner while I did the last load of laundry. I took a shower close to 8 and plopped in bed in time to see Desperate Housewives.
So, that was my weekend. Should I be surprised that I woke up Monday morning and have a rash all over my face? These red blotches that itch like heck! Ya think it could be stress? Hmmm , I wonder. I went back to the grocery store after work and picking up kids and delivering them home, to pick up the essentials I wasn't able to get over the weekend due to the mobs and bought a cream for my face. I have been applying it liberally so as not to scratch my face off all day today (Tuesday). I was so tired when I got home after dinner I just did some picking up, wrote a couple (literally) of Thanksgiving cards and crashed.

Tuesday: I haven't started my Thanksgiving cooking, so now I'm behind schedule and have lots to do tonight. My face it swollen, blotchy and itchy. My grandmother called and cancelled a Dr. appt I was actually able to get for Fri. afternoon and made another one for a cardiologist tomorrow that I can't take her to. But I went over my Christmas list and I only have one child left (other than my own) and 2 adults. The rest is homemade stuff that I will start baking on Saturday. Yeah for me! This weekend I will be done with Christmas shopping and can have time to send cards, wrap early and enjoy other holiday stuff! Plus, I've been posting everyday.


Dixie said...

Did you maybe eat something that didn't agree with you? Stress can do that to you too.

I'm glad you're going to be able to see the doctor this week. And I hope you can get some relaxation time because you've been busier than a one armed paper hanger!

purplepassion said...

Dixie, I haven't heard that saying in forever! You're a hoot! It looks better today, still itchy but not as swollen, I think it's drying out.